Why we love this green smoothie
- Firstly, it’s Delicious!
- It’s Versatile. This smoothie is great as an afternoon pick-me-up to avoid reaching for sugary snacks when the afternoon slump hits
- You can add a protein powder if you are having breakfast on the run
- If you struggle to find time for lunch it is great to keep in an insulated smoothie cup to keep you on the go during the day, with added protein powder.
- Lemon & ginger are great to stimulate digestion
- Cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels, helping to stabilise blood glucose and reduce sugar cravings. Choose ‘True Cinnamon’ for it’s more therapeutic properties
Ok, it’s your turn now to give it a try! See recipe below.
2 x kale leaves
handful raw macadamias or almonds
2cm chunk fresh ginger
1 x banana
1 x tsp vanilla paste
Sprinkle cinnamon powder
handful of fresh parsley
600ml coconut water
wedge of lemon (optional, skin also, depending on blender strength)
quality protein powder if this is a meal replacement (optional)
Blend in high speed blender until smoothie consistency.
Great for an afternoon pick-me-up.